Hacking: A 101 Hacking Guide (2015)
I want to thank you for downloading the book, Hacking: A 101 Hacking Guide. This book is for absolute beginners who want to learn about ethical hacking by starting with a solid foundation. Written in a down to earth style, this book contains the key terms and concepts you need coupled with links to online resources that let you build your skills outside the book.
Here is what you will be able to do the end of this book:
· Be able explain the difference between an ethical hacker and a non-ethical hacker, including goals and motivations
· Discuss why ethical and non-ethical hackers use the same tools
· Know the difference between an attack, a threat, and a vulnerability
· Have a solid understanding of the basic terminology you need to study hacking
· Understand the different methods used to crack passwords
· Be familiar with the different types of attacks
· Learn the types of tools used by hackers
· Understand how port scanning works
· Know the steps involved in penetration testing
· Learn why Unix is popular with hackers
· Get some tips on how to keep building your skills
Thank you again for downloading this book. I hope you enjoy it!