Take Control of Apple TV (1.0) (2014)
Apple TV Quick Start
You don’t want to read a book—you want to watch TV and movies, listen to music, view photos, and play games! I’ve broken this book into bite-sized chunks, so you can find what you need quickly.
You’re new to Apple TV:
· Plug it in and get started with Set Up Your Apple TV.
· Become familiar with the Apple Remote and Remote app in Control Your Apple TV.
· Find out about media that’s directly available through the Apple TV in Discover What’s on Offer.
· Be sure to Master AirPlay so that you can beam the display of your Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch screen to your TV.
Tip: Print the Cheat Sheet, and keep it by your Apple TV.
Once you have the basics:
· Learn how to watch movies and TV; read Apple TV at the Movies.
· Turn your Apple TV into a home audio system in Rock Out with Apple TV.
· Learn how to View Photos & Home Movies.
· Give stunning presentations as you Present with Apple TV.
· Enjoy great games; see Play Games on Apple TV.
You want to make the most of your Apple TV:
· Convert your video collection in Rip DVDs for Apple TV.
· Expand your options by going In the Plex to set up a media server.
· Pretend to be in another country when you Work Around Regional Restrictions.
· Set up an Elgato EyeTV HD to Record Live TV for Apple TV.