PYTHON PROGRAMMING (2014)
· Python is a commonly used high-level programming language.
· Its design is characterized as code readability, and its syntax allows programmers to express concepts in very less lines of code than would be possible in languages such as C++ or Java.
· Python entertains multiple programming paradigms also being an object-oriented as well as functional programming.
· It features a automatic memory management that is also a dynamic type of system.
· It also has a wide ranged standard library.
· Python has its own interpreters which are used for installation on an operating systems.
· Third-party tool such as Py2exe/Pyinstaller can be used as an executable program for some of the operating systems.
Logo of Python
· The idea of Python was given in the late 1980s.
· Its implementation started by Guido van Rossum in December 1989 at CWI in the Netherlands.
· Van Rossum is known as Python's principal author, and plays a central role in deciding the direction of Python
· Python 2.0 got released on date 16 of October 2000.
· object-oriented programming
· structured programming
· support functional programming
· logic programming
· Uses dynamic typing
· cycle-detecting garbage collector for memory management
· Dynamic name resolution
Official repository of software for Python contains more than 54,000 packages with a wide range of functionality like.
· graphical user interfaces
· web frameworks
· test frameworks
· web scraping
· documentation tools
· system administration
· scientific computing
· text processing
· image processing
· Python implements function like a command line interpreter the user enters the statement in a sequenced manner and receives the results instantly.
· Python shell implement features like auto-completion, retention of session state and syntax highlighting.
· Google started a project in 2009 termed Unladen Swallow whose aim was increasing the speed of Python interpreter as well as improving its multithreading ability to scale to thousands of cores. Later the project lost Google's back up as well as its main developers.
· Integrated CPython transforms byte code to machine code at runtime and also produces codes specialized for certain data types that is faster than the standard Python code.